My Mom is celebrating Mother's Day in Greece, and I hope she has a great day! I love you Mom!
To my luck... I get to speak in church tomorrow for Mother's Day.
I've enjoyed reflecting on my Mom all week, and although I'm nervous to speak tomorrow, I'm grateful. Speaking to a ward full of single adults makes the topic a little more difficult, but I'll attach some highlights:
-When thinking about my Mom, I automatically think about the positive influence she has been on my life. I truly feel as though, "Mom always knows best." My Mom has guided me at many different times in my life. The biggest role of a mother and father, is to guide their children back to Heavenly Father. In order to help relate the topic of "mothers" to a ward full of single adults, I would like to talk about how we can prepare to be guided by Heavenly Father, so that when we are mothers and fathers, we will continue to seek personal revelation, and we will be well prepared to guide our children back to Heavenly Father. In the April General Conference, Julie Beck stated, "The ability to qualify for, receive, and act on personal revelation is the single most important skill that can be acquired in this life."
-How has your mothers sought personal revelation for your family? I have seen my Mom seek personal revelation as she prays daily for each of her children. My mom always follows any promptings from Heavenly Father to help someone in need. Growing up, I've seen the significance of visiting teaching, baking meals, visiting those who are sick, and reaching out to those in need, as my Mom receives revelation and always acts on those promptings. My Mom strives to live righteously, and because of that I can have confidence to go to her to seek guidance for my life.
Amber---nice thinking on the talk. Speaking on mother's in a singles ward is not high on my list of thing I'd like to do.
ReplyDeleteHope you don't think I'm totally creepy for finding your blog and reading it---but it's been fun.
Barbara D