
Today was the National Book Festival on The Mall. Kim, Allie, and I knew we wanted to go when we found out...

Suzanne Collins would be there! We
had to get our books signed. Along with a lot of other crazy people. Maybe we should be more embarrassed about the population of people who were also waiting in line. And maybe we should be more embarrassed about how excited we were, and about how many pictures we took. The line was LONG. They made an announcement that each person could only get one book signed...er... stamped? Luckily between the three of us- we got each book in the series taken care of.
(Please note the Mockingjay necklace she is wearing)Here she is signing(stamping) MY BOOK! I don't blame her for wanting to stamp instead of sign. Her hand would not have made it through that line. The stamp was actually really cool too. Plus, it was stamped BY SUZANNE COLLINS. What more could we ask for?

Hunger Games - Catching Fire - Mockingjay
We were super excited!

Many of you may know that I will likely be getting a masters in reading/literacy next year. I love children books. This festival was right up my line. While Kim and Allie stood in the Suzanne Collins line I ran over to the Rebecca Stead line. She wrote the Newbery Award book, "When You Reach Me." I waited in line hoping to get a copy signed for my mom (The avid Newbery book reader). Unfortunately I was literally the NEXT person in line when they cut the line off. So, Mom, you won't be getting a personalized copy of this years Newbery book at Christmas time. Sorry.
Here's to reading, books, authors, crazy fans, and living in DC so that we were able to attend THE NATIONAL BOOK FESTIVAL!
I'm so proud of all of you for being book nerds! Wish I could have been there, too! xo
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you missed getting the new book for mom. You must not have much of Mom in you - I'm certain if she was next in line, she'd have herself a copy of the book! ha ha
ReplyDeleteI have read all of those books you just mentioned. Please come visit Utah. I wish we were back in Children's Lit...
ReplyDelete