Five of my high school friends came out to visit! Unfortunately it rained almost the WHOLE time they were here. It put a damper on things, but mostly it was fun just being together. I seriously need a pair of rain boots...
It was a great weekend! It's hard to believe we have been friends for all these years. As expected having six crazy girls together provided a few good metro and other transportation stories:
- After my friends had spent the day at museums and I had spent the day at work we met up to take the metro home. I had never seen the metro so crowded! (Probably due to all the rain) We smashed into an orange line train which took us to our transfer at L'Enfant Plaza. As the yellow train approached I knew we were in trouble because it was also packed! We all smashed onto the train and Dani was the last person to get on. We all had to do a little pushing, which was expected. Unfortunately Dani was the only one who got yelled at for doing this. She was so embarrassed that she jumped off the metro. When the trains are really crowded and the doors won't shut over and over again it says, "Doors closing, please step back to allow the doors to close." We were all shouting to each other in the crowded metro trying to tell Dani to get on the train as it did this repeatedly at least four times. Well, she didn't end up making it. The last thing Shelly shouted to her was, "Be sure to take the yellow line, not the green!" So Dani was left alone at L'Enfant Plaza and we were all on our way to Pentagon City. We were trying to get back in time to make it to my shuttle so when we got off the metro Shelly and I ran through the station and the other girls waited for Dani. We barely made the shuttle and got back to my apartment just in time to get my car and go back to pick up the other girls. Dani made it successfully and we were so proud of her for taking the yellow line instead of the green line! She's practically a pro at the metro now.
- The other moment was on a taxi- all six of us, plus the driver, in one car. He pulled over and almost kicked Katie out... You should ask her about it sometime.
ha ha, I still laugh everytime I hear the stories and think of the weekend! I loved it! Thanks again for having us you are the BEST host ever! Miss you!
ReplyDeletethanks for not making me sound like such a dummy :) hope you are having fun out in dc! and shelly is right, you really are the best host ever. be sure to give me a ring when you are in town!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had so much fun! And I must say, you all look so cute and stylish in the pictures. Love you girls!
ReplyDelete