Saturday, September 12, 2009

Metro Moment- The Mall?

I looked like a local today.

At least the lady on the metro thought so.

Big accomplishment right?

Wait till you hear the story....

I get on the metro right by where I work, which is on "The Mall." I was riding home, and had my usual transfer at L'enfant Plaza. Then I got off at Pentagon City. A lady tapped my arm and asked me which direction the mall was. I started explaining that she had gotten off on the wrong stop and that she would have to get back on the metro and go back the way she came. I gave her all of the details of the transfer she would have to make and the stop she would get off at. She looked very confused. Then clarified: "Isn't there a shopping mall at this stop?"

Oh yes, that's right.... There is a huge shopping mall 10 feet from this metro stop, which I pass daily. She thought I was crazy. At least I passed as a local for a couple minutes, that is until I opened my mouth. I'm learning.

1 comment:

  1. I love it Ambs! I am so glad you caved. Can't wait to continue to read all about it, and hear all about it. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete